Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 163

Finally Friday! Not that I work or anything but it means that I get to see my husband for more then 2 hours a day! Friday is my whatever day for working out. I decided to go running/walking outside. It was 14c when 10 this morning. I wanted some sun and it was perfect. Now since I am learning to run more then a block I have a question. My lungs were burning. Does that go away after I learn to run more. I went 1.25 miles in 17 minutes and I have no clue if that is good or not. I ran more then I walked and I think I could of pushed myself more if my throat wasn't on fire. Any suggestions on the burn?

Whats funny is how much the friends that we make on these blogs play into our lives. I wanted to stop running a couple times but Dawne kept me going even though she has no clue. I just kept thinking about her running and how much she talks about just going a little more. Thank you Dawne for pushing me all the way from Canada!!!



One day I will run on the beach and I want to do it well I am over here in Germany! That is my new goal!!

Ex Hot Girl wrote a blog on being obsessed with the scale. I thought that I would share with you my obsession with the scale.



I weigh myself every morning after I go to the bathroom and I am up and walking around for a little bit. Nothing enters my mouth until I have stepped on the scale. I will randomly step on the scale during the day but every night after before I go to bed I get on the scale. I want to see how my eating and drinking went for the day. If I get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, know matter what time it is I will step on the scale. This occurs every time I get up during the night no matter how many times. I wouldn't call that obsessed would you? OK so maybe I am a little obsessed but I am at the point in my journey where the number does matter to me. Nothing at this point will change how much the scale effects me. As I get closer to my goal weight I hope I can tone it down. Though from previous attempts to lose weight I think I will need to be a everyday scale junkie. It might be the only way.





"That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier, but that our ability to perform it has improved." -Ralphe Waldo Emerson



7 comments:

Diane said...

Hi Sarah! congrats on your run and an excellent time. I am wondering about the 'burning' in your lungs. i'm not sure what you mean but I have heard other runners mention their lungs burn when it is cold outside or the air is polluted. For some bizarre reason this doesn't affect me.

Keep up all the great work and remember that you are not a number but so much more than that!!!

have a great weekend :)

Cole Walter Mellon said...

That burning sensation in your lungs means you have a rare malady called Firelung which... nah, it'll go away in time. Just keep up the good work and you'll be surprised at how much easier it gets.

Fran said...

I think it will go away, I have it from time to time too. One day is better than the other, all depens on how I'm feeling that day.

Great run Sarah I'm really proud of how you started working out a few months ago and keep doing this!

Have a nice weekend.

Marcelle said...

Maybe you are running too fast, this is why I suggested you get a HR monitor to keep a check - slow down the pace and see if you feel better. I find the first 10 mins the hardest always...even the fitter I get...once I pass 10 mins it gets easier.

You have a terrible and unhealthy relationship with the scale...reading what you wrote here scares me...I never got that bad and felt I was obsessed...you beat me hands down girlfriend...x

Lacey said...

My lungs hurt when I run in the cold... Hooray for warmer weather there!

Amy said...

uuuh...hmmmm... from an ex-obsessed scale lady.. I would say, YEAH! LOL!

Just a little bit obsessed... ;)

That is why i have to have an official weigh in DAY... one time.. and that's is it. I have done the same thing and it's madness. The scale is an unfair way to see how you are really doing. Measurements are the truer method, really!

Hug.s. Amy

divad said...

How about toning it down to just once a day, in the morning? That's doable without going cold turkey?

I'm glad that my new love of jogging/running kept you going. Seriously, if I can do it - ANYONE can.

I can really feel it in my lungs too, but it makes me want to keep going. It's like they're crying out for more or something.

Thanks for the mention Sweet Sarah!