Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 156

For those of you that weigh yourself everyday and I am not sure how many if there are any do you have the luck I have? I weighed less on Wed. and today then I did yesterday on weigh in day. I tell you it happens every week to me. Just wondering if anyone else has the luck that I do.

Living in Germany I am a little behind on news. Certain things won't play because we are out of country so sometimes I only hear them from you.

Today well I was reading Log My Loss today I learned about woman wanting to weigh 1,000 pounds. Really. Is she insane or missing a few pieces to the puzzle. I really don't think that she should be allowed to have a child with her. What kind of message is she sending her daughter? Her boyfriend supports her decision to well pretty much kill herself with food. To top it all off men pay to watch her eat food on a web site. All of this is so wrong I really have no clue where to start to process it all.

I also read about a teacher that is going to eat school food everyday this year. Just like the kids. When I was a manager at a middle school cafeteria most of the kids were reduced or free. It is cheaper to let the kids eat at school then make the lunches. Some people think with government guidelines the food is healthy. Let me tell you I have been on the inside. It isn't. In fact I used to bring my own food to eat for breakfast and lunch. Take that with the fact that most schools only do gym once a week and there is the part of the answer to the obesity in kids. Check out the blog here Fed Up With Lunch: The School Lunch Project.

I am going to have to catch up on reading her blog as I find this really interesting. I know when I worked at the school the choices they gave the kids where ridiculous. Some parents had no clue what there kids where buying.

On a last note I received a beautiful post today from South Africa!! Thank you Marcelle. What a wonderful place you call home.







"Successful people tend to become more successful because they are always thinking about their successes."
-Brian Tracy



6 comments:

Syl said...

I started to read about the lady who wants to weigh 1000 pounds and had to stop because it angered me so much, especially given the fact that she has a child. WOW!

Marcelle said...

I also saw that first story on the news here and on twitter, Dr Oz mentioned her
I have been without internet so have caught up with your blog...
Am pleased your card arrived....

I'm spending my last night with my son and his family tomorrow, then am off to Pretoria on Sunday, a 2 hr flight from Cape Town...will see Heinz for a few minutes before he flies off to Germany...will leave Pretoria on Thursday evening...arrive in Germany Friday....

Katie J ♥ said...

I love the postcard! I actually collect them. I got one today from our postman who is visiting Hong Kong for 3 weeks.

As for the 600 lb. gal. I have not read the article but I will now. There are some pretty wack peeps out there. Sheesh!

Fran said...

Isn't Marcelle the sweetest?

I don't know about that article but have read something simular in a Dutch magazine about a Dutch. Her boyfriend thought it was sexy and fed her with all the bad stuff.

As for the lunch school, Jamie Oliver had a tv show about that about school lunches in England. It was disgusting what they feed the children over there.

At this moment I don't weigh myself every day, it depends from time to time.

Lacey said...

Wow, I didn't know about the lady that wants to weigh 1,000 pounds, but I did read about the teacher. The first lady is crazy, and the second lady might be crazy, too, ha!

Tiff said...

Congrats on your loss- enjoy the weekend! :)