Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 141 Weigh In Day



Really I try, I try very hard but I am just not blessed with the high losses like other people. Which frankly is getting annoying. I don't know why this journey is proving to be so stubborn or if there is something that I might gain from such low losses but I am over it. Next. 2.4 pounds. That's what I lost. Not even what I had gained last week. I had a birthday goal for next week. Where I wanted to be. Well to achieve that I would have to lose 3.8 pounds. The odds of this happening are so slim it isn't even funny.

Well I am happy with a loss I am really frustrated. This week I upped my food a little because I was always hungry. I am working out more and harder then I ever have. I am waking up hungry which is a new thing for me. I used to never wake up hungry.

What am I doing so wrong that I can't get high loss numbers like most people? Why am I only drinking water and eating healthier. Why am I busting my butt and getting little love in return? Is there a point to this I am missing? All I want is some losses to go with the effort I am putting forth.

Looking in the mirror today at Zumba I felt very fat. Do I really look like that? If I look this fat now what the hell did I look like 20+ pounds ago? It is not my day.



"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." -Eleanor Roosevelt


6 comments:

divad said...

2.4, which is basically 2 1/2 pounds, isn't a big loss? I think the 4 and 5 pound losses occur in those who have a lot of weight to lose. You are so close to your goal weight...2.4 is a great loss. Seriously. I don't know if you can make it go faster than that?

Sarah said...

True but last week I gained 2.7. So I wasn't even able to lose my gain.

Marcelle said...

I was a slow loser so know your frustration, but over time all those loses add up and when you look again you have lost a whole lot.
My secret was RUNNING..I never lost weight while doing classes and as much as you love Zumba I think you need to start running...or walking up hills.....
I noticed something while teaching....all the plump women attended my classes and the slim ones were out running and coming to gym to tone...

Fran said...

I have to agree with Marcelle.

First I'm a slow loser too but I've accepted that, it's just who I am and wishing for great losses just makes me cranky.

Second a 1.1 lbs loss a week is recommended here in Holland by experts. By losing slow the weight will stay off more easily than losing it fast.

Third: try running. When I started running nothing happened but after a few months I started to lose weight without adjusting my food intake so it really helps.

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you dear Sarah!

Katie J ♥ said...

Most weeks I eek out a 1-1.5 and it is painfully slow but IMHO it is the best way to go.

Lacey said...

I am so behind on commenting, ack! First, I love the flowers! Second, you lost over 2 pounds. Seriously, I know you didn't lose last week's gain but that's OVER 2 POUNDS. That's awesome!