Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 155 Weigh In




Time to weigh in again and this week I am down 1.1. pounds. I am happy with my loss but once again I am wondering why it seems so slow. I will take it though because in the long run all of these little losses add up. I am over half way there finally. Seems like a long time coming.

Today was another day of Zumba and weights. Boy am I sore but I love knowing that I am doing something. The sun is shinning and it is getting warmer. Hopefully spring has finally decided to come to Germany.

I decided to try on my new shirts last night. Well they are big. I am thinking I could of gone for a medium. Even when I was smaller I always wore medium or large. I am 5'9 so even at 120 pounds a small shirt was never an option so I thought for sure I needed a large. I think I might keep them and wear them to the gym. Right now I am wearing XL shirts and I finally realized that wearing clothes that are to big for you make you look even bigger. Maybe I am losing a lot more inches then pounds right now. I am going to have Chris remeasure me this weekend.

I am so happy that I have chosen to make these changes head on. I am finally starting to get to the point where looking in the mirror doesn't depress me. Instead of trying to find clothes I can fit into I am trying to find clothes that won't fall off! It is the best feeling in the world.

Finally this new lifestyle is making sense to me. I am reaping the benefits of health. I am lower my risks of cancers and diseases by making myself healthy. There isn't a better feeling in the world!! I am making myself healthier.

"Don't you get it? This very second you could be doing something you love and dream about doing. So do it! NOW!" -Unknown



7 comments:

Cole Walter Mellon said...

It seems slow, but you're gonna turn around soon and amaze yourself at what you've been able to accomplish. By stringing good, solid weeks together, you're achieving a change that's gonna last.

Celebrate that 1.1 down. It's an awesome accomplishment!

Lacey said...

I am finally catching up on your last few posts, CONGRATS on being over halfway to your goal! That is AMAZING! And I know it might seem slow to you, but it really does seem like you just started this journey (and this blog) not that long ago. I am so excited for you!

I'm glad you had a good birthday weekend and found a Thai place you like! And that oil spray thing looks really cool, I think I want one now!

As for people laughing about you giving Rachelle Activia... I don't know why that's funny either. I would think now would be the best time to teach her to pay attention to what she puts in her mouth, she's young and should form those healthy habits early!

Congrats again on the loss this week! OVER HALF WAY THERE!!!

Fran said...

Congrats on the loss! And next time: buy a M size, you can definitely have it.

It's true that clothes that are too big make you look bigger than you are.

Nikki Bond said...

Great job at 1.1 pounds! I always think of commenting this, but my husband and I visited Germany (munich and berlin) about two years ago and loved it. It was so fun!

Amy said...

YES!! Girl that is one pound gone forever and forever!! Yee haw!!

Wonderful job... you are working so hard, and I bet gaining a ton of muscle!

Anonymous said...

While I love to see the scale move, it is honestly better to lose inches. Of course, both are nice.

divad said...

Let's go shopping for some clothes that fit!!! I'll swing by and pick ya up...how I wish!

Bravo on another pound down!