Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 162 Weigh In



I am getting annoyed with the scale. I have been working out, eating better and giving up foods that aren't good for me. The study about diet soda causing you to not lose weight or gain weight I am thinking is a joke. I gave up soda for other reasons though. Like Aspartame. I guess I thought maybe the weight might come off a little more. Nope. I will take what I can get though.

This week I am down .9 of a pound. If there is anything I am learning it is that I never have big losses but I have been doing this for 162 and I haven't thrown the towel in. Hopefully this will help when it comes to maintenance.

I have sat down and worked on a new exercise program to follow when I start working. I will be working 9:30-1:30 but they close the roads down on post till 7:30 for PT for the soldiers so going to the gym in the morning is not going to happen. I have to make sure that I eat breakfast. I can't go back to my old habits. Instead I will leave with my daughter at 7 and go on a walk/run. This will help me get into running. I will do Zumba Monday nights and Friday nights when I can. I am thinking about taking a Zumba class on Saturday when I am not going anywhere. It is also a different teacher so we will see. After work I will go to the gym and do weights 3 times a week. I hope maybe switching things up a little might show favors on the scale or even inches. I will take inches as well!!

I really would like to be down 10-15 pounds by the end of the school year which is the middle of June. I am motivated more though now that I see the changes. I have to finish what I started. I can't give in even though the scale hates me.



"Our character is basically a composite of our habits. Because they are consistent, often unconscious patterns, they constantly, daily, express our character." -Stephen Covey




5 comments:

Bekki said...

What will you be doing for work? Sorry if I missed something....
Also I have been at the same (give or take 5 lbs) for about 2 years- but my lifestyle is still of someone that is trying to lose....I think your body reaches a healthy point and that is it...
I am 5'5 and weigh 135...not sure where you are but for me if I can stay here I know I am pretty healthy- I could lose mor but at what cost? It is so frustrating....hand in there...

Lacey said...

Hey, .9 pounds is better than nothing! It sounds like you have the new exercise routine all worked out. I think you're right, maybe mixing things up will be a good thing! 30 pounds down is right around the corner! You're going to post a new picture then, right?!?! ;-)

Amy said...

Ooooo that stinky scale needle not wanting to MOVE!! ARG!! But it did move for ya.. even if it was .9.. that is almost a full pound girl!
You are dipping into some real stuff, girl! It's not the beginning of the journey, where you are throwing off a bunch of water, you know? Being at this journey for awhile... you are dipping into the real stuff!! Be kind to my Sarah friend... grace to yourself today! Enjoy the feeling of being healthy, clothes getting bigger on you.. you have earned it!!

Hugs.. Amy

divad said...

Oh honey, I get so frustrated too when the scale doesn't move fast enough. It's like I can cope for a few weeks with slow movement, but then I get all worked up for the speed of that movement. Really and truly, there is no rush. This is for life and the weight IS coming off! Could you remind me of these words next time I whine about the scale's SLOW progress? :)

Fran said...

I love the workout plan! Seems you really thought about the best way to get in your workouts. I hope you are going to like running!