Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 98

Day two of no soda and I am still alive! I have no headache either but I also noticed today that the Woman's One A Day that I am taking has caffeine in it. Maybe that is helping. Either way I am good! Tomorrow is weigh in and even though I am not thrilled I know where I went wrong and I have to accept that. Today I did the 30 Day Shred and I think next week I am going to go to level 2. Suck it up and just do it.

On another note why is it so hard to be healthy. Why is everything bad for you. Sometimes I think it would be easier to live on a farm and eat everything I raise. That way I know what is going in my body. We see fat free & sugar free food yet they are more harmful for us then the full fat. Where do we draw the line. When will it be enough that we take a step and let the industries know that we want healthy safe options. I mean it is 2010 and if you can come up with ways to make unsafe sweeteners and pack enough sodium in one entree that could be spread out over a week then you should be able to come up with something better. We are paying people that we trust to slowly make us sick. It really is sad when I think about it. Sorry just had to get that off my chest.

I am excited to see what this month will do for me. I think I will learn somethings I hope on what my body needs & thrives for. I am also going to start going to the gym next month.Fingers crossed. Got off the phone with a fellow Army wife that lives up the street & if they give her an OK on Feb. 2(she just had surgery) to go to the gym then we will be there. She is motivated and like me enjoys the gym over home exercise.

Things might start falling into place before I get a car & that would be great.I think the gym might give me that second wind I need. Then one day I can take a run with Marcelle instead of watching her and wishing. Hopefully the gym does classes to but neither one of us has used a gym on base so we have no clue what it is like.

My dinner last night....


"To be a champion, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will"
-Sugar Ray Robinson



4 comments:

Lacey said...

That's great that you might be able to get to the gym soon! I know that's been a major hurdle for you, not having transportation to get to base. And meeting one more person in Germany who speaks English is AWESOME! ;-)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your weigh-in!

Tiff said...

I love that you have been including inspirational quotes at the end of your blogs! Quotes really help me stay motivated!

Tiff

divad said...

It sounds like you're feeling a bit more upbeat! Way to go giving up soda - I know that's not easy for you. I'm really hoping the car situation works out soon. In the meantime, enjoy the gym!!!!

Marcelle said...

How great will that be if you can go to the gym from next month...in the mean time u can get yourself as fit a possible for that venture...am excited for you.

I agree - why are so many things bad. I listened to a podcast yesterday while pumping the treadmill about diary...that only calf's were made to drink milk...LOL - so now am thinking of going off dairy for a month to test if I do feel better...well the PROF who gave this talk says give it a month to see how you feel. I will eat your oats for breakfast that month as it would mean no yogurt.
I think I should email you that letter with podcasts that pathologist sent me for you to listen to the topics yourself..there are so many and then you can share what you learn with me as well...

I tried to chat to you online today but when I was available u were off...tomorrow...xx