Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day 48 - Christmas Weigh In



Today was weigh in for my Christmas challenge. I was alittle nervous considering that my weekly weigh in had me up from my Christmas weigh in. I am proud to report that I have a loss. I am back down from my weigh in on Thursday. I have 2.4 pounds to go for my goal. My goal is my wedding weight. If I could pass it that would make my Christmas so much better.

I have only lost 12.6 pounds so far since I started this but I can see the difference in the mirror which I find odd so early in the game. The only thing I can figure is that I am down 25 pounds total from March 2008. My clothes are fitting better. I feel alittle better when I look in the mirror. It is really pushing me to get this right this time. I long to look in the mirror and love what I see.

Now when I look back to my teenage years I want to laugh. I used to weigh 120. That is what I weighed when I got pregnant. Funny thing is I thought I was fat then. I would love to get down to that weight again but I know that the odds of that is one in a million and I would be setting myself up for disappointment. To keep that weight I did kickboxing, judo & jujitsu 6 times a week. I would also go between not eating & making myself sick. I joked the other night and told my husband it would be a hell of alot easier if I could just eat what I wanted then throw it up. He told me if I ever looked like I did in the pictures he saw when I was doing it before it was over.

I remember when I was in elementary school I was out for a couple days with pink eye. My friends decided to tell the teacher that I was throwing my lunch away and not eating it. I got in trouble by my parents and was watched after that to make sure I was eating.

It is really sad that I had an issue with eating in elementary school. That I had to be watched. I only hope that my daughter does not have these issues. I really wish magazines would be required to put women on the cover without being airbrushed.Maybe woman that look like us. My daughter is always telling me how she wants to look like them. I really think things need to change with how women should be "looked at".

3 comments:

Marcelle said...

Congratulations on the weight lost...what an amazing feeling. In what time period have you lost those 12 odd pounds? It feels like yesterday you started this journey!

My youngest daughter had problems with eating, I never knew - only found out much later she was vomiting her food up and taking diet pills ...so yes, watch your daughter and dont talk about diets in front of her, I made that mistake.

Lacey said...

Congrats on yet another loss! 120 pounds would be WAY too skinny, Sarah, you're SO TALL! I'm definitely agreeing with Chris on this one, lol.

I didn't realize you were so concerned with your weight as a kid. It's sad what the magazines tell us is beautiful.

divad said...

I worry about my daughter too, as I also struggled with an eating disorder as a child, teen and young adult.

We can decide to teach them good habits and we can love our bodies so they have a good example to follow.

Congrats on being back down. You'll get there...we'll get there!