Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 132



The picture is nothing special. Just something that makes me smile.
It felt great to get back to the gym and I am glad that I went. I did an hour of Zumba and then sat in the sauna for 10 minutes. Oh how I missed the gym. Now I need to talk myself into the weight room. That is an area that I always seem to ignore but I know is something I need and beneficial. This is something that I need to work on and now.

I sometimes wonder why I have put this whole journey on hold this long. Why did I decide that I wasn't good enough to enjoy life the way I used to? I am so happy that I have decided to do this for me. Sometimes I get upset with myself that I have waited so long to do this. How much have I missed out on. How many times because of my weight did I say no to friends. I know that sometimes it was NO one to many times and they stopped calling. I will not live in my regrets that I should of done this sooner. I guess I was not ready then and as much as I wish I had been I am doing so much more this time. I am sticking to it and that makes me happy.

Just now is the first time that I have felt like I have started living again. I smile sometimes when I am getting ready and I find myself complaining because most of my clothes are fitting. It is great. Life is starting to look up. I smile for no reason and I am just feeling good. Having a car again helps though!!



9 comments:

Cole Walter Mellon said...

That's one of the things I try to stress to people just getting started on their weight-loss journey... that the difference between how you feel now and how you'll feel once you've dropped the weight is like night and day. It's truly life-changing.

Good for you for taking care of yourself... and reaping the benefits.

Tricia said...

great job at the gym!

Bekki said...

You go Girl!!! Good Job and I love the picture!!

Bekki said...

You go Girl!!! Good Job and I love the picture!!

Katie J ♥ said...

That is a great picture! I am so glad to hear that you are smiling and things are going your way :-) You deserve all the hapiness in the world Sarah.

Katie J ♥ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Hi sweet Sarah!! It does feel so good to get back to that workout doesn't it?? Oh yeah!!

My heart is just smilin' big reading about your happy outlook! YES!!!

Hugs.. Amy

divad said...

I know what you mean about regretting not starting the journey sooner. Don't let that get you down...you are here now. You are doing great!!!

Fran said...

I love the positivity from this post! You are so much happier now than a while ago!

I have the same thing, I ask myself sometimes why I didn't start running again sooner or didn't go on with it a few years ago. But looking back is not an option. Let's look forward to a healthy life.