Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 125

I really wanted to go to Zumba today. I was ready and packed but my friend does not feel well again so I am doing a video at home. I am really nervous that when I do go I am going to get my butt kicked but that's OK because I need it. It just bums me out that I found something I love to do and I have to depend on other people to take me.

Here is a picture of us before we went out for the day. I think Chris almost feel over when I asked for a picture with him but I wanted to see if there was a difference from other ones we have done.

I was going to share with you what my husband and I had for Valentines Day at the Greek Restaurant.

We decided to get an appetizer because we haven't treated ourselves to a nice restaurant in awhile. We are loving trying new foods but it scares me because I have no clue what I am at when it comes to calories or anything.

First we started with Dolmades. Stuffed grapes leaves with a beef and rice mixture

The bread was good and I only had one of the stuffed wine leaves. I let Chris eat the other two since I was clueless on the calories and it was drenched in sauce.

Chris had some sort of meat in a mushroom sauce. I had a bite and it was good but I was glad I hadn't ordered it. Every time I see something draped in sauce I know it isn't a smart choice.


I had no clue what to order since half the stuff I couldn't say or ask the waiter about so I let Chris order for me. I got a plate full of 3 different types of meat.

Yummy! I had one bite of the rice, ate all the meat that was under the lemon and the rest I had a piece of each and left it. I was full. I also had a little of the salad and they started dinner out with a shot. Who can so no to free alcohol, right?

For Valentines Day Chris got me


and he also got me this



I can't drive it yet because I have to run it through inspection. Buying a car in Germany is not like buying a car in the states. Hopefully it will pass inspection! We have to get the temp. tags first before we can drive it to get inspected.What a mess. The guy we bought it from lives an hour & half away so we have to wait for him to take it out of his name so we can start the process. Hopefully by the beginning of next week the latest I will be driving myself to the gym!!! I will also get to go grocery shopping in peace and hopefully I will be able to switch ground beef to turkey and no one would notice!

So I am a little nervous about my weigh in for Thursday due to all the eating out that I have done this weekend but you know what. I am only living this life once and I am getting better. The fact that I left food on my plate every time is a change from the old me!

Today I am counting calories. According to a site I joined I should consume 2500 which seems like way to many either way I am not even at 1,000 and that is counting some of my dinner already. I am so confused now.

"It is the man's dreams and his inspiring attempt to make them come true that remain important." -Francis Ford Coppola



6 comments:

Marcelle said...

wow wow wow...how spoilt are you!!!!!
Such amazing news.
I tried to call you, once on your cell and once on the home phone but got no reply..wanted to congratulate you in person and not like this.

Tiff said...

Yayyy! Man, you must be SO excited about getting a car! This is going to make everything so much easier for you! Yayyyy! :)

Fran said...

Wow Sarah what a great gift voor Valentine's Day. I'm so happy for you, you can go to the gym or somewhere else anytime you want now. This will make your life so much easier.

I understand you joined the same site as Marcelle? I've left WW too as you know and this calorie counting suits me more after 2 days of counting.

You and Chris look beautiful in the picture.

And as for the eating out: you just have to enjoy that, especially when you don't do it that often.

Lacey said...

I really am amazed at how much weight you've lost already, and how for once you're not hiding in the picture of you two, haha.

I'm equally amazed that Chris got you a car! Eeeeee! Good guy, that one. :-)

Katie J ♥ said...

Yay for the new car!

divad said...

I can't wait to show my hubby what YOU got for Valentine's Day!!!! Wow...what a great guy! Glad you're feeling good...Chris is back, and yes, smart idea to stay away from the sauce drenched food, although it looked yummy!