Thursday, October 15, 2009

A New Chapter

I have decided that I am done with the way that I look and feel. I want to be the happy person I once was. I hate going to the closet looking for something wonder if it is going to fit or not. I am in Germany for 3 years and I want to come back to the states shocking everyone. The hard part will be figuring out calories when we go places but we don't eat out to much! Part of living in Germany is trying food that I won't get to try again later, right? Well I guess that I will have to use common sense won't I? I am ready to be a new me! I want to be comfortable in a bikini on my 30th birthday. I want to be a good example for my daughter. How can I tell her what to watch when she eats if I do not. I want to be healthy. I am tired of being in the "obese" catagory. So here is to a new chapter in my life!

My goals....

*I love soda so I will only allow myself to drink it only when we go out. It will
no longer be in the house & my husband will no longer bring me some home when I
ask.

*I will do some sort of activity everyday of the week. I have heard winters are
bad in Germany so work out videos here I come. Atleast 30 min. a day.

*I will weigh in every Thursday and post results. As much as I want to share my
weight I just can't bring myself to do that so I will share the total amount
I would like to lose.

*I will allow myself to enjoy sweets but in moderation. I need to learn to eat what
I like but in smaller portions.

*This is going to be a lifestyle change not a "diet".

* I will post pictures of my progress for you guys to see and I will take
measurements for myself every month.

* I will leave myself 100 calories for a snack if I would like after dinner & that
is all. I need to stop eating so late.


I hope this will work. I know this will work. I want to be comfortable in my own skin. I am sick of changing my clothes 5 times before I leave the house to see what makes me look half way decent. Hopefully next Thursday I will weigh in with a loss!! I will be honest its hard to motivate myself in the winter and it's snowing as I write this but I want to start next summer having fun and wearing cute clothes! I am really hoping blogging about this helps. Knowing that there are people that might be reading this. I can no longer lie to myself. It's time to be honest.

4 comments:

Kari J said...

Good for you girl! I know you can do this and I will so be support for you along the way! I think that every women/girl has been there before - I know that I have, that's for sure! Anytime you need support just ask!

divad said...

Your plan sounds reasonable, livable and sustainable. Our family lived in Bangladesh for 3 years and I wish I had done something about my weight then. I wish I blogged my entire adventure as you are. I just blogged a bit towards the end - Monsoon Madness. Sorry about the snow...sometimes I wished for snow when we were in Bangladesh!!! Can't wait to see the changes in you!!! I didn't post my weight either...just what I lose.

Lacey said...

Yaaaay! I'm so excited for you! When you find any good workout videos you'll have to let me know so I can do them too. (How do you keep roping me into more stuff to do?!?!)

Talk to you this weekend!

Marcelle said...

~Good luck on this journey....I came to Germany from South Africa being 20 kgs overweight and struggled for over 5 years - then joined WEight Watchers and have managed to lose all my weight...
I'm close by if you want any help..we can chat and motivate each other...I would love to see you going home slimmer...what a goal you have set our for yourself...its optainable.