Wednesday, January 19, 2011

An Inspired Lunch

My neighbor that I walk with is a health/exercise nut. She is like no one I know. On the weekends when we go to the gym calorie goal is 800 & we do not leave until we hit it. She goes to the gym 7 days a week & walks her dog 3 times a day not to mention all of the other motherly duties she does. Really I have no clue where she gets her energy. Might be the coffee she has to drink all day.

Anyways when we walk every night we talk about everything. I think about trying to eat like her but I am having trouble thinking about pretty much eating the same thing all the time. I love her discipline but I also want to enjoy life & have a bite of pizza without thinking I need to stay at the gym an extra 20 min. for it.

Her breakfast is the pretty close to what I eat. Lunch for her is a bowl of fruit everyday & that is it. So this is what I did.



My lunch for work. Of course all the other items where not inspired by my friend. Just the fruit! I had a serving of reduced fat wheat thins, 100 calorie pack of almonds, soy pudding & fruit (pineapple, apple, grapes & kiwi). I mixed the pudding in the with the fruit & it was yummy!! I think this might be something I can pull off for about 3 of the 5 days I am working. I do like to change it up every once and awhile.

We have had green grass for almost a week. Today it decided to rain & snow and hail. This is what it looked like when I got home. The wired looking lines are snow coming down (lovely photos coming off of a phone). Tonight's walk is going to be cold.



I joined Sly's challenge for February. I really need something to push me in the strength training area and I hope this helps. Now to actually do it & stick with it for a month. I really want tank top arms though. Tired of talking about. I need to act on it. I have goals to hit by the time I turn 30.



6 comments:

Bekki said...

Great Job- I love your cooler- and I love inspiring friends!! XOXO

Syl said...

its so great to have a friend that understands!
Your lunch looks so yummy

divad said...

Your 40 pounds down photo is amazing. You are so beautiful Sarah. Keep doing what you're doing, because it's working. You look healthy, vibrant and alive - oh yeah, and skinny! ;)

Fran said...

I agree Sarah: I want to enjoy the "bad" foods every now and then too.

Honestly I think just a bowl of fruit in the afternoon is not enough if someone works out 7 days a week and walks her dog 3 times a day but that's my opinion.

Great that you're doing the challenge, I'm in too.

stefanie said...

I have been researching food a lot today. It's grocery shopping time tomorrow and I plan on getting a ton of healthy foods. :)

Sunshine Mama said...

hey, happy belated birthday to your husband!

I can't wait for tank top arms too.