Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 216-220




Hope everyone had a great weekend for those of us that got Monday off. To be honest Memorial Day was never as important to me until I married Chris. Now that I am married to a military man anything to do with soldiers and veterans means a lot more to me.



This weekend my eating was off. So far off it might as well been in the states or Canada. We didn't decide to leave for the 4 day until Thursday at 10pm. So getting healthy food was a no go. We left Friday morning at 530. No time to grab anything there either. So Friday thru Sunday all meals were eaten out. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and all snacks. There were drinking games that were played. I really don't want to know the amount of calories that I consumed this weekend but honestly I really don't feel bad. I had fun and lived life. It was much needed and the first get away we have had as a family since we got here.



I did learn some stuff for next time. If the Army didn't wait until the last minute to let Chris know that he got Friday off we could of been better prepared. Oh well live and learn. I stepped on the scale Monday morning knowing that I had a gain and I needed to see what damage I had done. I was up four pounds. Hoping that some of that was sodium from the fries, Chinese and having to put salt on stuff to give it some flavor. Anybody that knows me well knows that I don't add salt to anything. This food lacked so much flavor that it wasn't funny. I seriously need to buy a bottle of hot sauce for my purse and carry that around.



This morning I stepped on the scale (like I do every morning) and I am only up 2.5 pounds now. So yes I will have a gain for Thursday but I will know why. There will be no wondering, no I did everything right. Instead I had fun, lived a little and know I have to get back on track.







6 comments:

Marcelle said...

You didn't gain much considering you had to eat all your meals out...so I think all the walking you did helped a lot and sodium is a killer, I gained 2.2lbs over night from eating chips...the packet kind....
See you have youth on your side still...I cant let go as much...so enjoy being young!

I agree, its not often you get to spend time with Chris as a family so its good you did and had fun by the sounds of it...pity about the rain..

Thanks for your encouraging comment in my blog today.

Lacey said...

You are looking soooooooo great, Sarah! And it looks like you guys had a blast, too! I'm glad you're not getting down on yourself about it, once again it's that "diet vs lifestyle" thing, and there's no reason your "lifestyle" should prevent you from having fun. :-)

divad said...

That, my gorgeous friend, is called life. You are living it. Now, it suits your life to eat healthily and lose those few pounds. You are really a knock out! I hope Chris knows he's a lucky man!

Anonymous said...

I bet you will drop another pound before weigh-in. Sometimes the short term binges come off pretty quickly, especially if they are high sodium binges.

Fran said...

I'm glad to hear you just enjoyed yourself and didn't let your weekend spoil by something like worrying about your eating. You'll lose it soon enough. The important thing is that you had fun and got time to spend together.

Hila said...

I agree that sometimes when we are on a weightloss program we lose sight and end up depriving ourselves. I think the attitude change comes when you accept this is not like all the other times, its not a crash diet, you are changing your life for the better and sometimes a weekend away from real life is a great thing, it reminds us that once that weekend was actually how we lived our lives.